11.23.2009

Envelopes from Magazines: Mail your Letters in Style!

One of my favorite ways to recycle magazines is to make envelopes out of all the beautiful images inside!

First, I suggest taking a couple of your favorite sized envelopes and breaking all the seals--creating an instant template that I like to trace the outline onto a heavier material (cardstock, cardboard, whatever works best for you). *hint* Make sure your templates can be contained in an 8 1/2" x 11" piece of paper, otherwise you'll find that most magazine pages won't be large enough.




Then find all the pages in your magazines whose design appeals to you (I find I end up w/ lots of advertisements!).

With a dark pen or marker trace your templates onto the magazine pages you want to become envelopes. I always think about what I want to end up on the front of the envelope, since that has the largest space available for show.




After you cut out all of your fresh envelopes, now comes the folding process: fold all the edges into the center, leaving the image you don't like inside. Then run some glue on the side folds and pres them together....




Your envelope is ready! I use these most for gifts, but if you want to mail them, I'd recommend using a small address label to make it easier for the post office to read :)


No comments:

Post a Comment